The trip was good. The travelling with Aaron was challenging since it rained almost the whole time, so we didn't get to see and do as much as we had planned, which was very sad and disappointing. But God did provide for us and He planned for us to work at a camp which was very good and very growing for me. Lovely time there, I met new people and tried new things, such as Kayaking! How fun. I got so wet..as you can see.





Aaron and I did this thing called the Luge, which is when you go down this hill [or mountain i suppose] sitting in a small plastic cart with wheels underneath and handle bars. You go down a concrete track, then go up the ski lift thing, and start again. It was really fun!

We went to these natural hot springs, where the water is actually really really warm and steaming. This place was our first chance at a shower. Mom, don't freak out, it wasn't that bad, just o natural. Haha

what else..? Hmm. Well I can't think of anything spectacular right now. We went and watched a guy do glass blowing which was fun. And we went to Matamata, and saw the signs for Hobbiton, which is the area where the Shire is, but it is ridiculously expensive to see the empty shire,just the holes in the ground, lame! So we just took pics with the signs in town.



This is from the airplane on the way back to Christchurch, how cool eh?


5 comments:
Nice pics again dearie....I see you are starting to pile on the clothes, eh? If you jump a plane real quicklike, you can enjoy a little summer here! Glad you made it safely back 'home" to your bed!
XOXOXOXXX
Oh man...memories! I lived in Hobbiton when I was there!! I have a picture of me by the sign and everything as well. So cool! I also thought the tours were rip offs. Looks like you're having an amazing time!
hey steph, did you do the tours even though they were so lame with the prices?
i didn't realize that you lived in matamata. did you like that?
Hey Cassie
Looks like you are having a great time !
WOW--and you look so beautiful!
Karen G
Totally didn't do the tours. But in my scrapbook I have cut up the tour pamphlet so it looks like I did;) I totally loved Matamata, best Ice Cream gas station ever. Like 4 scoops for a buck 50. I was there when the first McDonalds opened too!
Post a Comment